The Power of Change
Recent Donation Recipients
- 516 Project to construct ramp access to homes for the disabled – Fredericksburg, Va.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Virginia, Madison Club for after-school education programs for youth at and/or below poverty level – Madison, Va.
- Drive Smart Virginia to provide interactive traffic safety activities at high schools in REC’s service area – Richmond, Va.
- Fredericksburg Counseling Services to increase the number of student intern counselors – Fredericksburg, Va.
- Girls on the Run Piedmont to provide coaches with first aid kits and CPR training – Warrenton, Va.
- Goochland Free Clinic and Family Services to provide medical, mental health and dental services to low-income residents – Goochland, Va.
- Orange Free Clinic to provide medical assistance to medically uninsured residents suffering from Type I & Type II diabetes – Orange, Va.
- Rappahannock Refuge to support the Child Services Program for children living in the organization's rapid rehousing locations – Fredericksburg, Va.
- St. Jude of Massaponax, Knights of Columbus Council #13599 to purchase food for needy families – Spotsylvania, Va.
- St. Luke Community Clinic to provide dental care to low income and uninsured residents of Warren County – Front Royal, Va.
- Service Dogs of Virginia to provide advanced training and veterinary care, food, equipment and transportation for service dogs – Charlottesville, Va.
- Windmore Foundation for the Arts to support theater scene vignettes on drug and alcohol abuse followed by a town hall symposium – Culpeper, Va.
Your Change at Work
REC members who participate in The Power of Change are making an impact.
Ann Cushman - vice president & food bank coordinator, FISH. " We used the funds to purchase a cooler that can store fresh vegetables to feed the hungry in our community. I don't know if we would be able to thrive and give back to our community without the support of organizations like The Power of Change."
Taylor - camp participant - "I love the camps. They help me and they help so many little kids. This experience is so valuable because it helps me grow as an actor and a singer, and it helps me take chances. I want to be a sports broadcaster or a Broadway star so this opportunity is helping me achieve my goals."
Donna Hess - FISH Volunteer
"Our organization helps those in need. If we think about it we're all only a few paychecks from being in need ourselves. The overwhelming gratitude from clients who come in for support echoes the gratitude we have for The Power of Change and the funding donated that helps us continue to serve."