Striving to actively support local students, REC acknowledges graduating high school students for their distinguished scholastic achievement. Through the LEARN (Literacy, Education, and Rural Networking) program, scholarships are awarded each year to qualified high school seniors seeking to advance their career goals by attending a college or trade school. The LEARN program assists students by reducing educational expenses such as tuition, books, or room and board.
The 2017 LEARN Scholarship application deadline has now passed.
Congratulations to the 2017 LEARN Scholarship recipients.
Eligibility for a LEARN Scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- Have parents or guardians who are members of REC
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Be planning to enroll in an accredited educational or training institution in the fall of the award year
A scholarship committee selects winners based upon their scholastic achievements, community involvement, extracurricular activities, a written essay, and recommendations.
Students eligible to apply for the LEARN Scholarship are also eligible to apply for the Virginia, Maryland, Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives Education Foundation Scholarship.
Virginia, Maryland & Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives (VMDAEC) Scholarship
- Scholarship amounts are determined annually and are awarded to students throughout VMDAEC's service areas, including Rappahannock Electric Cooperative
- Scholarship winners will be selected based upon their scholastic achievements, community involvement, recommendations and written personal statement
- The deadline has passed for the VMDAEC Scholarship application for this year. Please check back next year.
For Additional Information Contact:
Brian Wolfe, REC's public relations specialist
1-800-552-3904, ext. 5914 firstname.lastname@example.org.