Remote Annual Meeting Announced
2020 Director Elections Open July 1
June 30, 2020
REC will hold its Annual Meeting on Wednesday, August 19, 2020. For the first time in its history, the Annual Meeting will be held remotely, with no in-person participation, to protect the health and safety of its member-owners during the COVID-19 crisis.
During the meeting, three members will be elected to REC's Board of Directors. Member-owners will have the option to participate in the meeting remotely online or send in their proxy designation forms prior to the meeting.
Starting in July, member-owners can:
- Designate their proxy online. Member-owners with a valid email on record with REC will receive instructions to complete their proxy designation form online. Beginning July 1, member-owners can also log-in to MyREC SmartHub to access an online proxy form.
- Or, complete and mail in the proxy designation form when it arrives by U.S. Mail.
Proxy forms, either online or by mail, must be completed and returned by 5 p.m. on Aug. 12.
Registration for the Annual Meeting opens on Aug. 13 at 7 a.m. and closes at 5 p.m., Aug. 14. To register online, click here or call 1-800-552-3904. Only registered members will receive instructions to join the remote Annual Meeting on Aug. 19 to cast their vote live.
Member-owners will automatically be registered to win prizes if they complete and return the proxy designation form:
- By July 15 - qualify for one of 30 $250 cash prizes.
- By August 1 - qualify for one of 14 $100 cash prizes.
- By August 10 - qualify for one of 10 $50 cash prizes.
Members who register to participate in the remote Annual Meeting on August 19, rather than sending in a proxy designation form, will be entered to win other prizes including up to $100 in cash as well as gift cards.