Each year Rappahannock Electric Cooperative offers the REC Community Scholarship program to students who are seeking to advance their career goals by attending a college or trade school. To apply for each scholarship, the applicant’s parent or guardian must be a consumer-owner of REC and the applicant must be planning to enroll in an accredited educational or training institution.
REC Community Scholarship (College, Trade School, and High School) – eligible applicants must:
- Complete the appropriate application. (Click the appropriate link to download the application):
- College Application – for students currently enrolled in a college or university
- Trade School Application – for students currently seniors in high school planning to attend a trade school or students currently enrolled in a trade school
- High School Application – for current seniors in high school planning to attend a college or university
- Email the completed application to email@example.com by 5 p.m. January 28, 2019.
- Questions: Contact Brian Wolfe, REC’s senior public relations specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-552-3904, ext. 5914.
Scholarship recipients in each category will be selected based upon their scholastic achievements, community involvement, recommendations and extracurricular activities. Recipients will be notified by March of their award with scholarships being presented before the end of the school year for the student.
Students whose parents or guardians are members of REC are also eligible to apply for the Virginia, Maryland & Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives (VMDAEC) Education Scholarship.
Virginia, Maryland & Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives (VMDAEC) Education Scholarship Foundation
High school students eligible to apply for the REC Community Scholarship are also eligible to apply for the Virginia, Maryland, Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives Education Foundation Scholarship.
- Scholarship amounts are determined annually and are awarded to students throughout VMDAEC’s service areas, including REC
- Scholarship winners will be selected based upon their scholastic achievements, community involvement, recommendations and written personal statement
- To complete the application, go to www.vmdaec.com/content/vmdaec-education-scholarship-foundation
- If assistance is needed with the VMDAEC application process, contact Sam Brumberg, VMDAEC scholarship coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Completed applications must be received by VMDAEC no later than February 8, 2019
For Additional Information Contact:
Brian Wolfe, senior public relations specialist
1-800-552-3904, ext. 5914 firstname.lastname@example.org