Each year Rappahannock Electric Cooperative offers the REC Community Scholarship program to students who are seeking to advance their career goals by attending a college or a career and technical school. To apply for each scholarship, the applicant's parent or guardian must be a consumer-owner of REC and the applicant must be planning to enroll in an accredited educational or training institution.
Complete the appropriate application. (Click the appropriate link to download the application):
- Seniors in high school for the 2020-2021 school year planning to attend a college or university in 2021 - APPLY HERE
- Students currently enrolled in a college or university - APPLY HERE
- Students planning to attend a career and technical school in 2021 - APPLY HERE
Email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25, 2021.
Questions: Contact Brian Wolfe, REC's Senior Public Relations Specialist at email@example.com or 1-800-552-3904, ext. 5914
Scholarship recipients in each category will be selected based upon their scholastic achievements, community involvement, recommendations and extracurricular activities. Recipients will be notified by March 2021 of their award with scholarships being presented before the end of the school year for the student.
Students whose parents or guardians are members of REC are also eligible to apply for the Virginia, Maryland & Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives (VMDAEC) Education Scholarship.
Virginia, Maryland & Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives (VMDAEC) Education Scholarship Foundation
High school students eligible to apply for the REC Community Scholarship are also eligible to apply for the Virginia, Maryland, Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives Education Foundation Scholarship.
- Scholarship amounts are determined annually and are awarded to students throughout VMDAEC’s service areas, including REC
- Scholarship winners will be selected based upon their scholastic achievements, community involvement, recommendations and written personal statement
- To complete the application, go to www.vmdaec.com/content/vmdaec-education-scholarship-foundation
- If assistance is needed with the VMDAEC application process, contact Sam Brumberg, VMDAEC scholarship coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed applications must be received by VMDAEC no later than February 2021
For Additional Information Contact:
Brian Wolfe, Senior Public Relations Specialist
1-800-552-3904, ext. 5914 email@example.com