Beat the Peak
Extreme heat can create an increase in the demand for electricity. Periods of peak demand for electricity usually occur between the hours of 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and can impact the price REC pays for the electricity delivered to its member-owners. You can help!
If REC asks for your help to Beat the Peak between the hours of 3 p.m. and 6 p.m., this is what you can do:
- Set the temperature up to at least 78 degrees.
- Turn off or discontinue the use of appliances like clothes washers and dryers, and dishwashers.
- Turn off and unplug electronics such as gaming systems, computers, TVs and DVD players.
- Avoid charging electronic devices such as cell phones, tablets or laptop computers. Unplug your power chargers.
- Avoid or discontinue the use of stoves, ovens, other appliances or machinery.
- Delay using hot water during peak times.
- Avoid charging your electric vehicle during this time.
- Turn off your pool pump.
If we all do our part, together we can make a difference. For more energy saving tips click here.