REC Annual Business Meeting
Director elections will be conducted this year in the following three regions:
- Region IV - The counties of Culpeper and Orange
- Region V - Spotsylvania County
- Region IX - The countiies of Essex, King and Queen, and King William
The 2020 Annual Meeting will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 19, at the Fredericksburg Expo Center on Carl D. Silver Parkway. Registration will be from 6 to 6:45 pm. The Business Meeting will start at 7 pm.
Cooperatives are democratic organizations controlled by their members, who actively participate in setting policies and making decisions. The elected representatives, a board of directors, are accountable to the membership. REC's board of directors is elected at the Annual Meeting. The Annual Meeting is a forum in which REC members can exercise the democratic principle and be involved in the decision-making process.
Members may participate in the election process in-person or by proxy. Proxy designation cards will be mailed in July, and will also be available online beginning July 1.
To quickly view a part of the 2019 Annual Meeting please see the time stamps below:
- Invocation: 6:55
- Call to Order: 14:10
- Election of Directors: 24:51
- Youth Tour Student Speech: 37:20
- Chairman's Report: 43:26
- Treasurer's Report: 52:58
- President's Report: 56:14
- Q&A: 1:13:26
- Election Results: 2:03:36