Every year REC awards community scholarships to students in our service territory. For the first year ever, REC is now offering scholarships to current college students. Eligibility for the REC Community Scholarship is based on the following criteria. Applicants must:
- Have a parent or guardian who is an REC member or be an REC member themselves
- Be a senior in high school or a college student in Virginia
- Be 21 or younger
- Be enrolled, or planning to enroll, in an accredited institution or training program
The REC Community Scholarship assists students by reducing educational expenses such as tuition, books, or room and board. Eligible applicants can apply online for the scholarship by visiting REC's scholarship application page here: 2018 REC Community Scholarship. Create a free account by submitting an email address and password to begin the process. All applications must be completed by Monday, March 5, 2018.
A scholarship committee selects winners based upon their scholastic achievements, community involvement, extracurricular activities, a written essay, and recommendations. Recipients of the scholarship will be announced by the end of April 2018.
For more information about REC's Community Scholarship Program, contact Brian Wolfe, scholarship coordinator and public relations specialist, at email@example.com or 540-891-5914.
VMDAEC Education Foundation Scholarship
High school students eligible to apply for the REC Community Scholarship are also eligible to apply for the Virginia, Maryland, Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives Education Foundation Scholarship.
- Primary residence of applicant's parent or legal guardian must receive its power from one of the 15 electric cooperatives served by Virginia, Maryland & Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives (VMDAEC), including Rappahannock Electric Cooperative.
- Applicants applying for a 2018 scholarship must be a senior graduating from either high school or home school in 2018.
- Applicant must be entering his or her first semester at a post-secondary school in the fall of 2018.
The VMDAEC Education Foundation Scholarship deadline is Friday, February 9, 2018. Eligible students can begin the application process here: 2018 VMDAEC Education Foundation Scholarship.
If assistance is needed with any part of this application process, please contact Nina Jacobs, VMDAEC manager of administrative services, at Scholarship@vmdaec.com or call 804-968-4084.
For Additional Information Contact:
Brian Wolfe, REC's public relations specialist
1-800-552-3904, ext. 5914 firstname.lastname@example.org.