Each year Rappahannock Electric Cooperative offers the REC Community Scholarship program to students who are seeking to advance their career goals by attending a college or trade school. To apply for each scholarship, the applicant's parent or guardian must be a consumer-owner of REC and the applicant must be planning to enroll in an accredited educational or training institution.
- Students currently enrolled in a college or university - APPLY HERE
- Seniors in high school for the 2019-2020 school year planning to attend a college or university in 2020 - APPLY HERE
- Students planning to attend a trade school in 2020 - APPLY HERE
Scholarship recipients in each category will be selected based upon their scholastic achievements, community involvement, recommendations and extracurricular activities. 2020 Scholarship recipients will be notified by March 2020.
Students whose parents or guardians are members of REC are also eligible to apply for the Virginia, Maryland & Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives (VMDAEC) Education Scholarship.
Virginia, Maryland & Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives (VMDAEC) Education Scholarship Foundation
High school students eligible to apply for the REC Community Scholarship are also eligible to apply for the Virginia, Maryland, Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives Education Foundation Scholarship.
- Scholarship amounts are determined annually and are awarded to students throughout VMDAEC’s service areas, including REC
- Scholarship winners will be selected based upon their scholastic achievements, community involvement, recommendations and written personal statement
- 2020 applications will be availble by December 2019:
- If assistance is needed with the VMDAEC application process, contact Sam Brumberg, VMDAEC scholarship coordinator, at email@example.com.
For Additional Information Contact:
Brian Wolfe, Senior Public Relations Specialist
1-800-552-3904, ext. 5914 firstname.lastname@example.org