FIND A WARMING CENTER
The Caroline County School Annex Building Auditorium will open for use as a warming center on Jan. 5, 2022 from 4:00 PM to 09:00 AM. The School Annex Building (same location as the Chesapeake Bay Governor’s School) is located at 16221 Richmond Turnpike, Bowling Green, VA 22427.
Culpeper County Vol Rescue Squad
1121 N Main St
Culpeper, VA 22701
Entrance to shelter in the rear of the building.
Madison County Culpeper County
1223 N. Main Street, Madison, VA 22727.
An information hotline has been established at tel:540-738-7533.
Fauquier County has partnered with the Town of Warrenton to open a “Power & Shower” facility at the Warrenton Aquatic & Recreation Facility (WARF) 800 Waterloo Rd., Warrenton Va. 20186.
1 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Jan. 4 and from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 5, but may adjust the times as needed.
Residents are not required to be WARF members and must check in at the front desk upon entry.
- The WARF will have showers available – bring your own towels or the WARF has towels for sale.
- Don’t forget your shower supplies and toiletries.
- Power stations will be available – Bring your power cords and devices in need or charging.
- Free Wi-Fi sis available on site.
- Masks are required and COVID social distancing must be maintained.
In addition to the WARF - A Warming Facility at Midland Church of the Brethren 10434 Old Carolina Rd., Midland, VA 22728 will open today January 4 at 4:00 PM and will stay open throughout the night and Wednesday or until no longer needed. Anyone in need of relief from the cold is welcome.
- Power stations will be available – Bring your power cords and devices.
- Warm up and relax.
- Bathrooms available but no showers.
- Their kitchen will be providing snacks.
- COVID social distancing is required.
Contact information for Midland Church of the Brethren is 540-272-3489
Louisa County has opened a shelter at the Louisa County Middle School. The county will supply cots and blankets. Please bring your own medications and other personal items.
Greene County is operating a warming station/overnight shelter at:
Stanardsville Volunteer Fire Company 275 Celt Road.
Please take note of the following instructions:
- Cots and blankets provided from the Red Cross
- Snacks, water, and Gatorade provided
- No pets
- Bring any necessary medications that you may need
- Bring additional blankets and pillows for your convenience
- Bring additional food for your convenience; microwave available
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be provided
- If you require transportation, please contact: 540-219-3534
Montpelier Recreational Center
Beaverdam Baptist Church
Warming centers open for Jan. 6, 2022. Each have showers, WiFi, and electricity available.
- Baker-Butler Elementary School at 2740 Proffit Road in Charlottesville from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Greenwood Community Center at 865 Greenwood Road in Crozet from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Scottsville Community Center at 250 Page Street in Scottsville from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
A warming facility has been opened in Reynolds Memorial Baptist Church located at 3748 Sperryville Pike, Sperryville, VA 22740. This facility will be available until not needed anymore.
- One shower is available
- Residents are asked to bring their power cords
- The kitchen is available for use, but they will be having a community dinner the evening of Jan. 5th at 6:30 p.m.
- WiFi is available